What is Pupil Premium?
Pupil Premium is a government funding allowance which is additional to main school funding. It was introduced in April 2011 and is allocated to schools to work with pupils who have been registered for free school meals at any point in the last six years. As a group, children who have been eligible for FSM [free school meals] at any point in time have consistently lower educational attainment than those who have never been eligible for FSM.
It is for schools to decide how the Pupil Premium is spent, since they are best placed to assess what additional provision should be made for the individual pupils within their responsibility. However, they will be held accountable for how they have used the additional funding to support pupils from low-income families.
The table below shows the amount of pupil premium allocated to each New River College site:
|New River College Primary||£14,250||£17,160||£17,820|
|New River College Secondary||£43,945||£57,970||£60,500|
Pupil Premium Reports
- NRC Primary Pupil Premium Strategy Report 2017-18
- NRC Secondary Pupil Premium Strategy Report 2017-18
- NRC Primary Pupil Premium Strategy Report 2018-19
- NRC Secondary Pupil Premium Strategy Report 2018-19
- NRC Medical Premium Strategy Statement 2019-2020
- PP Strategy 2019-20 Primary
- PP Strategy 2019-20 Secondary